Friday, December 3, 2010

#Reverb10

I have decided to participate in Reverb10. If you want to check it out, go here..

Reverb10

Basically, it's a daily question each day in December that causes you to think about the past year and next year and write about it. I don't know if I will do every day because of time or interest in the question, but we'll see. Here are my answers to the past couple of days (since I'm behind.)

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Moody. 2010 has been a year of great ups and downs. I have felt vibrant, happy, successful, motivated, inspired, sad, worried, sick, tired, depressed, and shocked. 

I have faced things I never thought I would face. I have lost weight and become healthier. I've been sick and out of work. I've started working on my own as a nurse. I went to the beach with my best friend and had a blast. I've made new friends. I've had financial ups and downs. I've watched my oldest daughter drive away in her car for the first time. I've seen my youngest daughter become a middle schooler. I could go on and on...

For 2011 I hope my word will be successful. I want to achieve my fitness goals. I want to achieve my financial goals. I want to enjoy every day.

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

I'm actually going to change this to what doesn't contribute to my health/weight/fitness goals and what can I do to fix it?

1. Smoking. I REALLY need to quit. I have a box of Chantix sitting right there ---> that I need to start. I've smoked off and on (mostly on) since I was 15. It's past time to quit! That's one of my big goals.

2. TV. I sit on the couch and watch tv WAY too much. I need to get more active during my time off. I guess this one should include the computer too. I can waste hours and hours on this thing doing nothing! I need to shut everything off and go to the gym, go outside, clean, take my kids places where we can do things together, basically just get off my butt!

3. Snacking. I am allowed snacks, but I find myself eating sometimes just because I'm bored or craving something or want something sweet or crunchy. I need to refocus and ONLY eat when I'm hungry.

4. Not exercising. Lately I've been sick so it's harder to do, but in general I need to get moving more. I did really well for several months, but got out of the routine and haven't been able to get back on it regularly.

I just want to improve my self physically, mentally, and emotionally. I'm working on it. Baby steps...

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

The first thing that comes to mind is the beach trip I took with my best friend. We were free. We just went away for a few days and enjoyed the beauty of the ocean. We sat in our beach chairs, raised our umbrellas, and closed our eyes. We listened to the waves crashing, the children laughing, and the seagulls umm making whatever sounds they make. It was so relaxing. We had no plans, no drama, no deadlines. We just did what we wanted to do. Ate when hungry. Went out on the town when we were ready. Laid on the beach for as long as we wanted. We even got tattoos (it was her first!) We just had a good time. We ate semi LC but didn't stress when we enjoyed ice cream or a hotdog and fries. It was uplifting. We've been the last 2 years (although the first time had problems because of others that went with us) and I already can't wait to go next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!