Friday, December 17, 2010

Pulmonary appointment

I haven't posted for a few days. I wasn't feeling well and was eating junk I shouldn't have been, which made me feel even worse. I'm back on track though. ;-)

I got to have dinner with my best friend, which really brought me spirits up. I needed that. I ate well for dinner, but had a desert. It's ok. I don't regret it. I just can't do that regularly.

I went to the pulmonologist. He did some breathing tests and said they came back normal. (Shocking, considering I've smoked for about 21 years!!) My oxygen was fine. They did a walking test.. A nurse just walked me around the halls to see if my oxygen dropped. It didn't, but I did get winded. The Dr said that I keep getting short of breath because I've been sick for so long and that even though the infection is gone, I keep going through an inflammation cycle. He gave me more steroids and told me to continue the inhaler and to quit smoking. He really stressed that. lol I have been on Chantix and cut down to half a pack a day. I have been feeling good about that. He said that was good, but that I NEEDED to quit. completely. today. if I wanted to get better. Sigh. I'm really trying. I have an appointment with my family Dr today. Hopefully he'll be happy with everything.

I've gotten REALLY behind on my Reverb10 posts! Let me try to catch up...

Dec. 10 Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?


My wisest decision was to get back on Atkins. I've lost weight, kept my blood sugars down, and felt better. I absolutely LOVE eating this way! Sure I miss some of the high carb junk and I do indulge now and then, but I sure don't miss the bloating and feeling like crap. I haven't been perfect on my journey, but it's a lifestyle thing, so I'm ok with that. =)

Dec. 11 Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? 

1. Cigarettes- enough said.
2. Excess fat- I don't think I'm overweight, but there IS excess fat that can be lost. I just need to tone up.
3. Clutter- I need to clean and organize my home. There just isn't enough room for all of our stuff!
4. Soda- I don't want to totally cut it out, but I drink way too much diet cherry pepsi.
5. High carb junk- Since I'm basically on maintenance, I don't have a problem with some higher carb foods in moderation. However, I don't need the JUNK. I don't need a bite of this and a bite of that. I want to have a great LC 2011.
6. Stress- I need to learn to let go of things. There is normal stress that we all deal with, but I need to let go of unnecessary stress.
That's it for now. I'm sure there are other things, but these were the top things that came to my mind.

Dec. 12 Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

Hmmm... I saw this one and have thought a lot about it, but I really am not sure. On one side, I can't think of a specific time. On the other, I feel like I'm always cohesive. I mean, when I am losing weight and active and fitting into clothes, I'm happy and my mind is happy. If I eat bad or feel bad, my mind feels bad. I don't know.

Dec. 13 Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

My next step is to get back in the gym! That's the only way I'm going to get my body the way I want it. I'm pretty happy with my weight, but I really want it toned up and tight. I want to comfortably wear a bikini. I want to wear jeans with a fitted shirt and not worry about parts that shouldn't be there. lol In 2011 I want to be a gym rat. =)

Dec. 14 Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

I wouldn't say I've "come to appreciate" because I always have, but I truly appreciate my family and friends. They are very supportive and always there for me. I absolutely could NOT ask for a better group of people. They support my LC lifestyle and always try the new recipes that I make. They deal with me when I'm down, and try to bring me up. We have fun. We laugh a lot. We cry together. I love my people!!

Dec. 15 Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

  • The beach trip with my bff
  • Miranda graduating elementary school
  • Coming out of orientation at work
  • Nights out with my bff and husband
  • Wedding beach trip with sis and friends
  • Kayla getting her license
  • Losing 35+ pounds
  • Fitting into Kayla's jeans
  • Snow
  • Taking the girls to their first KISS concert
  • Quitting smoking (crossing my fingers!)
  • My first LC Thanksgiving
  • Reconnecting with old friends
Ok.. that's all for now. I'll catch up on the other ones later. I hope you have a fabulous day!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!