Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fluctuations

I hate weight fluctuations! They are so aggravating. The last few weeks, my weight has been up and down.. only by a few pounds, but I still hate it. I'm getting ready for TOM so that probably has something to do with it. Also last night I had a little rice. I'm not beating myself up over it though. I know the weight will come back off. I'm sure that being stuck inside for weeks at a time hasn't helped either. I'm trying to get up and do more little things. It's not much, but it's better than sitting on the couch. Other than the rice and a cookie that my husband baked, I've done very well with my eating. My blood sugars are good. I feel good in that respect.

I can't remember if I said this already, so forgive me if this is a repeat, but I went to the Dr on Friday. He wants me to continue my Advair and Albuteral inhalers and gave me a 3rd antibiotic that's in a different class of the ones I took previously. My husband says he has a good feeling about this one. God bless him. lol I'm trying to continue the Advair, but it gives me tremors SO bad! I can't stand it. They are annoying and wear me out even more. I think I'm gonna stop. It doesn't seem to be helping anyway. I also have a referral to a Pulmonologist so hopefully he'll be able to fix me! Cross your fingers. I don't have an official appt. yet though. I'll find out soon.

Ok.. Here are the last few Reverb10 prompts...

Dec. 5 Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

I let go of some bad habits. Even though some of the changes are waning right now, I still am better off than I was at the beginning of 2010.

On Feb. 28th I began Atkins (for the umpteenth time since 2003) but was determined to stick with it. Each time I started previously, I weighed more than the last time. This time I started at 153 lbs. I had previously lost 15 lbs. from graduating school and starting work. That was my highest weight ever 168. I was NOT happy at that weight. Anyway, I restarted Atkins. My goal was to be 135 by June 3rd because that's when my best friend and I were going to the beach. I knew I probably wouldn't be bikini ready, but I would feel better than I did the year before at 168! I hit goal at 134.5 on May 28th!! Exactly 3 months after I started and just before we left for the beach. I was SO happy!!

After the beach trip, I fell off the wagon a little bit, then fell totally off. I quit eating right. Quit going to the gym. Quit drinking water. I only gained a few lbs. back, thankfully, but I felt bloated and terrible. My blood sugars were high again and I had no energy. It took me until Sept. 6th to get back on track, but I've been good with my eating since then (for the most part. I have little cheats now and then, but they haven't knocked me off track.) I still need to get the exercise back in, but being sick hasn't helped my energy levels. It's a goal though. I've noticed that since I've quit formally exercising, I just *look* flabbier, even though I haven't gained weight. In fact, I'm a few pounds lighter than I was before. I had gotten down to 129. Today I was 132. My new goal is actually 128 so that I can say I've lost 40 pounds even. =) Actually I don't care what the scale says if I'm happy with how I look. If I put on several pounds of muscle, I know my scale weight will go up, but I'm ok with that, because I'll be trimmer, more fit, and probably smaller too. That's my true goal.

So I have let go of eating crappy foods, being lazy, and feeling bad about myself. I've worked on emotional status and feeling better with normal blood sugars. I'm still a work in progress, but it's going well. =)

Dec. 6th Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

I love crafty stuff. My grandma was a HUGE craft person and my mom is too. I think that's where I got it from. My grandma had a large craft room. I could spend hours in there! My sister and I used to spend a lot of Friday nights with her while my parents bowled in their league. All year round, we would make crafts to give as Christmas gifts. I loved it and miss her SO much!

Several years ago I started crocheting blankets for my daughters. I finished one of them, but not the other one. I told my daughter that I would work on it and finish it as soon as possible. One day I pulled it out to work on it and it smelled awful! I think one of the cats sprayed on it or something. Ugh. That smell is so hard to get rid of. Since I really wasn't that far along with the blanket, I just tossed it and decided to make her a new one. I still haven't started it! It eats at me whenever I think about it. I feel terrible. She's graduating high school this year and although we're not sure about where she's going to college yet, if she moves out, I'd like for her to be able to take it with her. I'm not sure if I have the yarn to start it, but while I'm out of work, I'd like to get going on it. I need to drag my yarn out and see what I can do. I hope I have something to work with because I can't really afford yarn right now. There is something else I'd like to do. I saw this idea on a message board that I visit. A lady was quilting (or crocheting granny squares, I can't remember) for each pound she lost. When she reached goal, she was going to make a blanket from her squares. I thought that was an awesome idea! Everytime she looks at it, she'll be reminded of how hard she worked and how far she's come. I want to make granny squares and can do that with miscellaneous yarn. That may end up being what I do, even though right now I'd rather make my daughter's blanket. I just want to do something productive with my time off.

Dec. 7 Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? 

I think a lot of my community feeling has come from the internet. In my outside life, I don't seem to have a lot of time to get involved in much. Maybe it's because I don't put myself out there, but that's a whole 'nuther story. lol 

I go here a lot. I first found it in 2003 and it was crazy busy! Things have slowed down quite a bit, but I still go here for motivation. I offer advice when I can, but I also read a lot. When I read things about low carb, I tend to be more inspired and motivated to stick with it.

Facebook has been a BIG part of me reconnecting with old friends and new ones alike. I also subscribe to some low carb people. I know some people are against facebook, but I keep most of my information private or only available to friends and I don't add people that I don't know. 

Other than that, I enjoy reading other people's blogs. Some of their stories are truly amazing. I find a lot of inspiration in them. In some way, even though I'm not really "friends" with them, I feel a sense of kinship with them by reading their posts. 

What are some of your favorite places to visit? Blogs, message boards, websites? I'm always looking for new places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!