Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The long lost gym

I found it! The long lost gym! I didn't need Lassie or anything! hehe Yep.. I went to the gym today (well.. yesterday.) I did the Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program plus a little bit, for a total of 40 minutes on the treadmill. I was tired afterward because I really haven't done much the last 2 months, but I sure felt good too! The day before I was watching tv and got some motivation. Because it was like 3am, I just got up and marched/walked in place and ran during commercials for 30 minutes. Better than sitting on my butt. ;-) I have plans to go back today. My hubby has put on a few pounds and isn't happy about it, so he's motivated too. Yay! I really want to get the whole family moving more. It's a process...

I'm looking at 5Ks. I really want to do one. I think I'm gonna shoot for Susan G Komen's Race for the Cure. That's in May so it gives me plenty of time to get in better shape and do well. I know I could walk it now, but I want to run it. That's my goal. If another interesting one pops up between now and then, I may do it, but for now I'll keep that one in my sights.

In other (yet equally fabulous) news, I haven't had a cigarette since 7am on the 27th! Go me!! We quit smoking inside and I spent over 3 days cleaning and de-stinking our home last week. We were both down to about a half a pack per day. The 26th I only had 4 and the 27th I got up (that evening) and didn't want one, so I've been fighting the habit since. The cravings are too bad (hugs my Chantix) but the habit is hard to break. Also, when I get anxious over something I want one, but I haven't given in yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My low carb Christmas dinner was fabulous. It was about the same as Thanksgiving, but I didn't do cranberries and made pumpkin caramel cheesecake instead of pumpkin pie. I highly recommend the cheesecake. o..m..g..!!! So good. My mom came over and although she had plans to eat somewhere else, she tried the dishes I made and enjoyed them. Yay! I wish I could get her to eat more low carb stuff. Her diabetes has messed her up for years. Maybe I can be the proof and get her to change her ways? Worth a shot. =)

I'm waaaaayyyy behind on my Reverb10 posts. I'll try to get back later and do some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!