Friday, December 10, 2010

Music makes me happy

Tonight my 11yr old daughter was in a program at school. It was band, orchestra, and chorus. She is in the chorus. It was really cool. I was a proud mommy. =)

I woke up today and still didn't feel well. I really think I'm getting another cold on top of the lung problems. Sigh. Anyway, physically, I did NOT feel like going to her program. I didn't want to move off the couch. I was tired and had a headache, blah, blah. But I got ready and we went. We told her to tell her teacher that I didn't feel well and that after she sings, we may have to leave early.

The orchestra played first. Then the chorus sang. The did a song called Frosty Hand Jive. I loved it! It was a mix of Frosty the Snowman with some hand jive moves from Grease. It was so cool. After the chorus sang and before the band started, my husband asked me if I wanted to stay or go. I felt awful. I was shaking from the Advair. But I wanted to stay! I was enjoying the music and there's something about seeing the kids in programs that makes my heart so full. I had a good time.

This kinda leads in to the Dec. 9th Reverb10...

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

Local band shows. I LOVE them! My best friend and I have our favorite and we go see them every chance we get. We've become friends with them and always have a great time. We drink, dance, and laugh. a lot. The band is great. They play songs that we know and love. They're funny and cool and umm not hard on the eyes either. lol We (and/or my husband) also go see my brother-in-law's band quite a bit. I have known some of the people in the band and the crowd for probably 13 years. We have fun there too, but it's just a different feel. There's been some drama involved with both groups, but overall it's a great time and I'll be doing it for years to come. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!