Tuesday, December 7, 2010

101 in 1001

I think goals are important. They give you motivation and something to reach for, something to look forward to. That's why I decided to sign up for this...

day zero project

The basic idea of this project is to make a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days (2.75 years.) I found it very interesting (and difficult!) to come up with that many goals. Some are simple, some harder and more time consuming. Some are aimed at health, some personal enrichment, some silly, but they are ALL things I want to do.

The goals must be (as I learned in nursing school..) SMART.

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timed

For example.. No tv for a week or exercise at least 60 minutes, 3 times a week for a month.

From the website:

"Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities."

Makes sense to me! I challenge you (if there is anyone out there reading this!?) to make your own list. Even if you don't do 101, give it a shot and let me know what you think about it. =)

Here's a story I just need to share too because it's WEIRD! I made my list last Friday. One of the goals on my list was to get back in touch with a friend that I haven't talked to in several years. She lives in another state where I used to live. We were bff's in high school when I was there. We had a misunderstanding in 2002 and lost touch. I have searched online for her many times, in many places (myspace, google, facebook, etc.) but never could find her. The DAY AFTER I made my list, SHE found ME on Facebook!! I seriously about fell over when I saw that notification. lol I told her about my list. She said that the day before (the day I made the list) she had been thinking about trying to find me and couldn't get it out of her head. The next day she searched and found me. Amazing! Maybe it's coincidence. Maybe it's fate. Maybe it's some odd connection that we have. I don't know, but I think that list has power!! haha

Have a fabulous day!


Friendster Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!