Friday, January 21, 2011

Vampire hours

I've been out of work for almost 3 months (!!!!) and I can't seem to break my vampire hours. I work 7p-7a so I sleep during the day. I rarely flip flop my schedule, like some do, because I'm more of a night owl anyway. I've tried several times since I've been out of work though. I just can't seem to make myself fall asleep at a "decent" hour, nor get up early enough to be tired by said decent hour. I mean, it's 3am and I just made myself a smoothie. Sigh.

Nighttime (after the family is in bed) is MY time. It's when I read blogs and write in mine. I watch Investigation Discovery channel or A&E or wherever else I can find strange interesting shows. I tend to get very inspired. Very motivated. I make plans for tomorrow. I'm gonna get up early and go for a wog (walk/jog.) I'm gonna go to the gym, no, I'm gonna wog TO the gym THEN workout! I'm gonna work so hard, I'm gonna leave a size smaller! (Ok.. maybe that's a bit much, but you get the point.) But you wanna know what happens?

pssssttt It's 3am and I'm still wide awake...

I won't be able to sleep until 6 or 7. Then I'll sleep til 4 or 5. Then I have to figure out what to fix for dinner. Breakfast? and I won't make it to the gym.

That's what has happened the past few days. I need a 24 hour gym, but I really like the Y. The whole family can go and I like their programs. So I need to MAKE myself go after I wake up in the evening or I need to MAKE myself flip flop my schedule until I can go back to work. Something's got to give. Sigh.

A bit of happier babble.. I got to see my bff today (it's been way too long!) and I had to go by work to put my next schedule in, so I got to see some of my work people. I haven't seen them in even longer! lol

I went to my bff's Pampered Chef party. I *love* their products, but have just a few little things because I usually can't afford it. I agreed to have a party next month and might buy a kit to become a consultant. My thought is.. I can buy the kit, which includes a lot of product, for a great price. Then if I can sell it, great! If not, I have many of the things that I want. Soooooo if any of you want some Pampered Chef stuff, let me know. I'll be happy to take your orders. =)

Ok.. I'm gonna TRY to relax and maybe sleep. Oh who am I kidding?! But either way, I'm done sharing my fascinating news for now. Hope you have a great day!

Do you work nights and if so, do you flip flop your schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!