Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dr appointment

I went back to the Dr.. again. It's still snowy and icy around here, so the office called to see if I could come any earlier than what my scheduled appointment was. Well, by the time I woke up and got the message and got ready, I was only 30 minutes early. They told me the doctor had gone home because they were closing early and didn't I get the messages at home and on my cell? What?! They said NOTHING about closing early. Ugh.. However, there was another Dr. there that was able to see me. Thanks doc!

He looked through my chart and did the basic checking me out. Asked some questions and said he would update the other doctor. He was surprised that my voice has been gone for so long (since Oct. 23rd!!) He said to talk as little as possible, preferably not at all, for the next few days. Eek!! Ok, I really doubt it'll help because my voice shows NO improvement after waking up from a nice, long slumber, but I'll do it just to say I did. Who knows.. maybe I'll be surprised. I told him I hadn't smoked since Dec. 27th (go me!) and he was happy about that, but obviously that wasn't what was causing my laryngitis.

I haven't talked in 12 hours. Twelve. Hours. Luckily, my husband is a good guesser and he knows me extremely well. I've had to write a few things down, but for the most part I can just motion and he gets it. Makes me wonder if all his stories about his wild 20's were real or if he played charades at all his parties. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm going to try my best not to talk until Friday. Thankfully I can still type and text! I go back to the Dr. in 2 weeks. If things aren't improved "they may have to go down and look at my vocal cords." Yikes! But really, that probably should've been done by now. I mean.. Oct. 23rd!!

I didn't get any exercise done today. I wish I had more space in my living room. Then I could do my videos when I couldn't make it to the gym. But instead, I was a slug today. Hopefully I can make up for it tomorrow.

What do you do when your exercise plans don't work out? Are you a slug or do you make alternate plans?

Monday I made alternate plans and wogged outside. Tuesday I was a slug. I guess I do some of both!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I hope you get your voice back soon and they find out what's going on. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some flaxy love!