Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yummy peanut butter

My poor little neglected blog. Can you ever forgive me?

I haven't posted in a few days. I haven't done much of anything the last few days actually. Sunday I watched the playoffs and I'm SO excited that my Steelers are going to the Superbowl!! I don't talk about it much here because this is more of a health and fitness blog, but I LOVE the Steelers. I'm super pumped and can't wait for the game. I hope they win so I'm not sad and depressed. lol Football makes me very emotional... more so than it should. (eek!) I took a xanax to pre-medicate in case the game didn't go my way. It ended up knocking me out so I was kinda in and out toward the end of the game. My back was hurting too so I was lying on the couch (which didn't help the sleepiness.)

On Monday, we went to my mom's to eat dinner. It was beef stew and biscuits. Higher carb than I normally eat, but it was very good and since money is tight, we weren't gonna turn down a free meal cooked by mom! It was good to just hang out and talk with her. I love my mommy. =) When we got home, a friend asked if I wanted to come over and chill out so I did. Had a lot of fun there too! It was a good day, even though I didn't get any exercise done.

Tuesday I didn't do much. My back was killing me! Today I had a Dr appointment with the pulmonologist. He finally referred me to the ENT (ear, nose, throat) Dr. I go on Tuesday. I don't know if they will evaluate me and then schedule a later appointment to scope me or if they'll do it then. I hate not knowing what to expect. Yikes! I may need some major anti-anxiety meds. I'm SO not comfortable with someone putting a tube with a camera up my nose and down my throat to look at my vocal cords! I get nauseated putting an NG tube in a patient. Ughhhhh!!!  {happy thoughts. happy thoughts...}

So I might try to Shred again tonight, but the coffee table is kinda mocking me. Maybe I better wait til tomorrow when my hubby can help. lol

I made cookies.. from scratch.. tonight. I haven't baked in quite a while. My lil monkey helped me. We had fun. I used to bake ALL the time. Especially when I was a teenager and early 20's. I baked and cooked often. Rarely went out to eat. That's just how I was raised. Somewhere along the way, I got warped. lol Anyway, I made chocolate chip cookies for hubby. He did me a huge favor and I told him I'd get him cookies. He buys the Pillsbury tube kind, but I had the stuff, so I just made them. I substituted half the sugar for Splenda and I admit I did have a few. Then I decided to make some low carb peanut butter cookies since I had a recipe and I wanted a legal treat. The recipe I had was...

1 C peanut butter
1/2 C Splenda (another recipe called for 1 C. I just did 1/2)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Press with fork tines. Bake 10-15 minutes at 325.

These didn't expand too much, but they were a nice little treat.

Do you have a favorite treat or snack? RECIPE SWAP!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!