Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On a roll

On Monday, my husband, youngest daughter, and I went to the gym. He used the treadmill and free weights while the lil one and I walked the track. I did Week 2 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. I liked doing it on the track better than the treadmill. I might not get as intense of a workout because my speed my vary more, but it felt natural and was more comfortable. I think I'll continue on the track or outside unless I'm going to just do a constant pace. Then I might use the treadmill. After I finished the 30 minutes, I did 100 crunches and 30 bicycle crunches then went to the weight room and did a 1 set cycle of the weight machines I use. My daughter did really well! She walked/jogged the track almost as long as I did and then did sit ups and other exercises on a matted area. I was so proud. She's a little overweight and wants to lose some weight and I want to teach her the importance of health and exercise while she's young (almost 12yrs old) so it will stay with her and she won't have weight issues as she grows up.

Tuesday we went to the gym again. Hubby did the treadmill for 2 miles. Daughter went to the track. I focused on weights. I did 2 sets on each machine. I started feeling like my blood sugar was low toward the end of the cycle. (A good diabetic would have her meter and glucose tabs in her bag. Oops!) So I didn't do the treadmill. Instead I bought a small granola bar and we left to eat dinner. It all worked out. I started TOM so I didn't feel so great anyway. Blah.

We went to the store and got some mixed nuts and peanuts, diet cherry pepsi, and a few kinds of SF candies. I'm proud of hubby for sticking to eating better. He wanted cookies at Subway, but didn't get them. I wonder if he would've if I wasn't there though... Hmmm... lol By the way, if you think you can't eat LC at Subway, you couldn't be more wrong. They will make any sandwich into a salad for you. I got the Subway Club salad. Delish! Give it a try sometime. Anyway, he doesn't like many veggies so I tend to always have green beans with dinner for him. I need to find more that he'll eat. He's a trooper though. He'll always try a bite of mine if it's new. I give him credit for that.

I haven't smoked in about a week and a half. Yay! It's still hard sometimes though. I get fleeting desires to grab one out of habit. Then I remember that I quit, but I still think about it for a minute. Blah. I *know* I don't want one, but sometimes I still kinda do. I try to think of how bad it would taste after not having one for so long, how my clothes and breath would smell, etc. That usually helps... kinda. I'm very proud though. It's nice to not worry about having cigarettes or when I can smoke my next one or going out in the cold to have one. I'm still fighting for non-smoker status. =)

I got some magazines at the library to make my vision board. I've been wanting to do one for quite a while. I have a bulletin board that I'm going to use. I think I'll just tack some blank paper to cover the board and glue the images to the paper instead of using a posterboard. I hope there are some good/fitting images and words in the magazines. I'm excited to get started on it.

I'm still way behind on my Reverb10, but I'll make another post soon and try to get them finished. I'm kind of sad that it's over. I liked the thought provoking-ness (yeah I made that a word) that it provided. Anyway.. I'll get to it soon.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the progress you are making! If I can do the C25k, anyone can! I can't wait to see where you take yourself in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well! I am soooo proud. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some flaxy love!