Tuesday, January 3, 2006

One more time

I'm giving this another shot. I'm now at 165 (I think.. scale is hard to read. Note to self.. buy a new, digital scale). I'm tired of gaining and I want to be happy with myself this summer. My goal is 130 or size 8. I will figure it out once I get closer to it. It's hard to believe that I've gained 20 pounds since I first did Atkins in July 2003! Christmas is over so that helps a lot! Now that I'm in school, I want to look good. I already feel old around all the 20-something girls. Once I get out of school, I want to look HOT in my scrubs!

I enjoy working out so why do I make excuses not to do it? Stupid.. I want to set a good example for the girls too.. exercise and eat healthy. If I can get them to do it while they're young, they'll grow up with that mindset.

I was proud of myself for going to the gym today. I pushed the excuses out of my head and did it. Yay! 30 minutes on the treadmill. I want to go gungho, but I know that's not the right way to do it. I will try to get exercise in at least 5 days a week, but not overdo it daily. After going to the gym, I came home and ate a salad for dinner. Working out makes me WANT to eat healthier. It's a win-win situation. I did have a few tortilla chips and spinach artichoke dip with hubby, but I will start fresh tomorrow.

To do:
Take my measurements in the morning
Print Brook's quotes
All the off topic things on my To Do list that never ends *Ugh*

One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!