Saturday, January 7, 2006

Jan. 7th

Down another 2 lbs! That makes 4 total so far. Yay!! Started at 167, now at 163.

Yesterday I did Slim in 6, Start it up! Boy I had forgotten how tough it is. Worked muscles I forgot I had. lol The challenge starts Monday so I wanted to get used to it again. I'm a little sore today so I might do my Pilates video today. I will take my measurements and pix tomorrow or Monday for the challenge.

I just got done eating breakfast. I drank a few beers last night and was up late so I slept late today. I made an egg, sausage, bacon, and mock hashbrowns (zucchini). Omg.. the zucchini was SO good. I'm going to have to start adding that into my meals more often! Plus they were cheap. :D

Jerry has to work tonight. He's going to miss some of the playoffs. He's so not happy. I feel terrible for him. I'll update him when he calls though. I asked Tiff to come over tonight. Her heater isn't working, plus Miranda would love to play with Caitlin. We'll see if she comes.

Edited...
She did come over. We had a great time. We don't get together nearly as often as I'd like. We talked for several hours.. about everything. Silly thing is so stubborn, she says she just couldn't give up all the high carb crap. She did take my DANDR book home though. I sure hope she reads it. Maybe it will make sense and make her give it a try. I worry about her health and self esteem.

Tonight I made chili burgers from Dana Carpender's 15 min. LC recipes. They were awesome. I used a different tomato sauce, but omg they were so juicy and tasty. I love her books. I have the 15 min. one and 500 LC recipes. They are easy and "real", meaning that they are stuff that us simple folk would make. I also love the way she writes the recipes.. such as, "plunk the hamburger in a bowl." Really down to earth. Along with the recipes from the bulletin boards I belong to, these are my favorite recipes to try. I hate recipes that have a lot of "exotic" ingredients that I'll never use again. I'm a very basic cook. I would like to learn more, but I enjoy simple recipes. I need to go back through the books and mark all the recipes I've tried.. maybe rate them too for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!