Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring is here!

It's been quite a while since I blogged! Just a quick update before my idea.

I've been pretty busy with work.. picking up extra shifts each week. The paychecks were nice, but it totally wore me out. I had several days off last week as I celebrated my birthday. =) I made sure I had a good time. My husband got me a gift certificate at a spa for a massage, body wrap, and facial. It was soooo nice! I've always wanted that kind of thing. I also spent time with family and friends and had a great week.

I haven't been perfectly eating and no formal exercise to speak of in a while. I'm determined to get back on track and be strict about it. I went to the gym today and did a cycle of the weight machines. Then we went to eat and I had turkey breast, green beans, cabbage, and salad. It was good. Made a trip to the grocery store to get some legal snacks and a few other things. I came home and did some cleaning and watched some tv. I love how exercising makes me want to do other healthy things and makes me want to be active. If I get to bed soon, I'm gonna try to get up earlier than usual and go to the gym tomorrow before work. I want to get back in the routine of working out (not to mention that the beach trip with my bff is less than a month away. Eek!!) I know I won't have a supermodel body, but surely I can improve a little bit by then. Either way, it's a step in the right direction toward my goals and I'll feel better.

So these are the snacks I have now:
cucumber, green pepper, celery (which I cut as soon as I got home. Prep is the key!) and ranch
peanuts
SF pudding
pork rinds
sugar snap peas
string cheese

I also got smoked sausage dogs, tilapia (frozen in a box. Never had it, but it looks good. We'll see.) asparagus, ham, and tuna. I have plenty of frozen veggies too. Now I have no excuses for the next couple days. ;-) I got a bottle of that new Mio water flavoring to try. Have you had any? I got berry pomegranate. mmmm Hope it's as good as it sounds!

Now... Spring is here! Although off and on these days, the warmer weather makes me think about summer and all of the things that I want to do. Beach trip next month, Steelers training camp in August, and all the other outdoor activities and daytrips I want to do. So as I was catching up on my dvr'd Heavy episodes, I was curious about fitness retreats. Now that may not sound like fun to some, but there's something about them I think I would love! Well.. I'll probably never know because holy crap those things are expensive!! lol So I thought, why not have my own?! No it wouldn't be at some luxurious hotel, but I could take a few days off and do the whole scheduled day kind of thing. So that's in my plans. When I have a few days off in a row, I'm  going to sit down and look at my Y classes and schedule myself to attend several in a day for a few days. In between classes, I'll have lunch and work out in the weight room doing cardio and weights. I figure if the fitness retreat people can do it, and the people on The Biggest Loser and Heavy can do it, why can't I?

This is a sample day at a retreat in Florida that I found on Google:

Breakfast
9am Warm Up
10am Beach Boot Camp
11am Pilates Mat
Break/Lunch
2pm Cardio Kickboxing
3pm Yoga
Relax/Spa/Dinner

They also listed various other classes.

The only problem I would have is that Y classes are in the mornings and evenings so I'd be on my own for the mid day thing. That would put me either doing stuff ALL day or having a huge break in the middle of the day (in which I might get unmotivated.) I don't know. I haven't figured out all the details, but I think it's a great idea. If I do it and like it, I may try to schedule myself for several days off every few weeks and keep it up.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!