Monday, October 25, 2010

Carb Overload

Last week we had a goodbye party for someone at work. She is leaving to take another position and will be very missed. =( Anyway, everyone brought in food.. chicken pie, meatballs, fruit/veggie tray, cake, blueberry crisp, etc. I thought, well I've been good, I'll just have a little bit of what I want. That would've been fine except I wanted everything! All of my little bits of this and that turned into a full plate. I checked my blood sugar before eating. 131. After eating? 390! Holy crap! I felt awful. Took some insulin and get it down to 214 the last time I checked. Lesson learned. I didn't really have any cravings, but I did notice that I stayed hungrier for the next few days than I had been. I was surprised that my weight didn't go up from water retention, but I won't risk it again. I just can't do that to myself. I love the way LC makes me feel and I love myself too much to destroy my health anymore. A BITE of this or that now and then.. fine. But no more going overboard. So not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some flaxy love!